The first video here is a quick getting started video that will give you an overview of the EEW 6.0 and its controls. The “eSpinners for Beginners” videos cover everything an inexperienced spinner needs to know about spinning fiber in more depth.
The weight of he EEW 6.0 (everything in the box) is about 5 pounds and the wheel alone is about 2 pounds
Its size is:
- Width = 4.9 inches (123mm)
- Length= 7.8 inches (197mm)
- Height = 7.7 inches (196mm) / If using the battery base that adds 1.2 inches (30mm)
While I sell some replacement parts on my store, I also list the ones you might be able buy from a different store (especially useful for international orders where shipping is expensive). Feel free to buy these parts from my store or another store if it makes more sense.
- R6-2RSV Bearing
- 6804-2RS Bearing
- Tension Spring (close, but not an exact match)
- Rubber Feet for the bottom (close, but not an exact match)
- 12V 5A Powersupply with 2.1×5.5mm Jack (close, but not an exact match)
- Motor – This is a custom brushless motor that you won’t find a match for online. I do have spares, but don’t sell them since they last very long. I don’t want people thinking they should buy a spare one and then never using it. Contact me if you really need one of these motors.
- Drive Belt – The belts are custom molded polyurethane with a diameter of 2mm, a length of 265mm, and a hardness of D90. You might be able to order similar ones locally that are cut and glued to a similar length
Different Fibers and Advanced Spinning Techniques
Here is series of videos that show spinning with different fibers or using different techniques on an EEW 6.0.
FAQ and Troubleshooting
|Why does it vibrate at higher speeds?||The most common cause is your flyer isn’t balanced. To fix this make sure the two sliding hooks you aren’t using are directly across from the two you are using. Also make sure that one set of hooks are facing upwards and one set facing downwards so the weight is distributed evenly on the flyer. This only matters at higher speeds.|
|Why doesn’t the flyer spin or why does it spin slowly?||Make sure the drive belt is on the flyer pulley and the motor pulley.|