Many people have trouble getting started spinning, or more experienced spinners want to learn new advanced techniques. I have free videos online to help; however, others learn better with in person training. If you have a friend or local spin club those are great options. This page is for people who want one on one training but don’t have a local spinning club.
Most of these people will do video chat with the popular platforms like Zoom, FB Messenger, Facetime, and Skype; but contact them to see which ones they currently support. In addition to the video chat lessons, many of the people here will do in person training so if you see someone in your area contact them and see if that works.
- Alanna Wilcox
- Contact via the contact form on www.alannawilcox.com
- I live in the Rochester, New York area and also do in person classes at Rhinebeck, TWIST and other big conferences.
- Mathilde Lind
- Contact by email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit her blog
- I am a folklorist from the US doing PhD research on local wool crafts and native sheep in Estonia. I teach spinning and wool prep, including selecting fleece, sorting wool, washing, carding, and combing. My strongest spinning skills are in variations on woolen-style spinning. I can also help people with spinning wheel issues.
- Amy Pittman
- Contact by her Facebook page
- I am in Portland, Oregon. I’ve taught fiber classes for over 30 years and charges $30 per hour for lessons.
- Jane Steeves
- Contact by email Jane@3dogknits.ca
- I live in central Ontario, Canada. My standard rate is $30 CDN per class, but I have discounts for sets of classes.
- Contact by email email@example.com
- I live in Melbourne Australia. I have been spinning for 40+ years and charge $40 AUD per hour for classes.
- Caitlin Blackford
- Contact by email firstname.lastname@example.org
- I live in Ohio, USA.
- Lulu – The Sip-n-Spin
- Cynthia Suniga
- Contact by email email@example.com
- I have been spinning for over 20 years and live near Spokane, Washington.
- Jilian Moreno
- Contact by email firstname.lastname@example.org
- I live in Ann Arbor, Michigan.
- I am the author of Yarnitecture: Building Exactly the Yarn you Want, and I teach spinning for guilds, festivals and shops.
- Heike Madeleine
- The best way to contact me is by email (email@example.com) or from my homepage at: www.heikemade.com
- I live in Saarbrücken, Germany and Fontaine, France.
- Vanessa Bjerreskov
- Contact by email firstname.lastname@example.org
- I am a graduate of the Master Spinner program at Olds College, Canada, and now instruct for the program. I live on the Sunshine Coast of British Columbia, Canada. I can cover beginning topics or more advanced concepts. I offer virtual classes by Zoom, Facebook Messenger, Skype, or other video conferencing applications. My rate is $40/hour CAD (email transfer/Paypal).
- Terri Guerette
Free Volunteer Instructors
- Kathi Briefer-Gose
- Contact by email email@example.com, Facebook, or Instagram
- I am located in Washington, USA near the Kitsap country area.
- John Sutton
- Contact by email JPaulSpins@gmail.com
- I’m located in the San Francisco Bay Area.
- Contact by email firstname.lastname@example.org
- I am located Melbourne, Australia.
- Rasa Dunlop
- Contact by email email@example.com
- I’m located in NW Tasmania, Australia.
- Arlene Gowing
- Contact by email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 1-541-992-5160
- I am connected with the Lincoln City Cultural Center in Lincoln City Oregon, USA. I’ve taught using the EEW Nano and found it very easy to teach. Any payment is optional and would be done as a donation to the Cultural Center.
- Carol Osterman
- Contact by email email@example.com
- I’m located in Washington state, just north of Seattle.
- Joanne Murphy
- Contact by email firstname.lastname@example.org
- I’m located just outside Corpus Christi, Texas.
If you find the contact information above doesn’t work let me know so I can keep this list up to date. Right now I’m just manually updating this list, but if this is a popular feature I will spend more time to allow additional features like allowing instructors to make their own posts and for people to rate instructors. If you have ideas on how to improve this page please use the contact us link at the bottom of this page to send me a message.
If you would like to be added to this list use the contact us link at the bottom of the page and I’ll add your information to this page.