We will start selling the EEW 5.2 in November.
The Electric Eel Wheel 5.2 is an affordable electric spinning wheel that is revolutionizing the fiber world! The EEW 5.2 has undergone extensive testing and here are some of the features users said they liked most:
- Small and lightweight design makes it easy to take it anywhere
- The new hook system is very easy to use
- Not having a treadle means you can use it in more places like on the couch
- Switching between spinning and plying yarn is just a twist of the dial
- Foot pedal allows hands free starting and stopping of the wheel
- Magnetic holder for the orifice hook
- Helps people with physical limitations spin
This video gives you a quick overview of the controls for the EEW 5.2.
Here is another video
Every EEW 5.2 comes with:
- EEW 5.2
- Orifice reducer
- Foot switch
- Power supply with USA style plug (100-240V AC input so a travel adapter will let it work in other countries)
- Anti-slip mat
- 3 bobbins
- Orifice hook
- Instruction manual
- Spin card
Note to orders outside North America. This device comes with a Type A/B power plug commonly used in North America. The EEW 5.2 supports a wide range of voltages so if you live elsewhere in the world you’ll just need to get a “travel power adapter”. Online stores and likely your local stores should have these inexpensive converters that convert from a North America style plug to your local type of power plug.
If you are looking to make it more portable check out our guide explaining what type of battery pack to use.
Here’s a video that goes into more depth about the improvements in the EEW 5.2.