Sorry, this product has been discontinued. I’m working on a new version that will have many improvements and should be release in 2020. Subscribe to our newsletter at the bottom of this page if you want to be notified when the new version is ready. Here is a video about an early prototype of the new version if you want to see what is changing.
The Electric Eel Wheel 5.2 is an affordable electric spinning wheel that is revolutionizing the fiber world. Here are some of the most loved features:
- Small and lightweight design makes it easy to take it anywhere
- The new hook system is easy to use
- Not having a treadle means you can use it in more places like on the couch
- Switching between spinning and plying yarn is just a twist of the dial
- Foot pedal allows hands free starting and stopping of the wheel
- Magnetic holder for the orifice hook
- Helps people with physical limitations spin
This video gives you a quick overview of the controls for the EEW 5.2.
Every EEW 5.2 comes with:
- EEW 5.2
- Orifice reducer
- Foot switch
- Power supply with North American style plug
- Anti-slip mat
- 3 bobbins
- Orifice hook
- Instruction manual
- Spin card
Note to orders outside North America. This device comes with a Type A/B power plug commonly used in North America. The EEW 5.2 supports a wide range of voltages so if you live elsewhere in the world you’ll just need to get a “travel power adapter”. Online stores and likely your local stores should have these inexpensive converters that convert from a North America style plug to your local type of power plug.
If you are looking to make it more portable check out our guide explaining what type of battery pack to use.
Here’s a video that goes into more depth about the improvements in the EEW 5.2.